The VP Operations will be responsible for the overall production at the company’s underground operations in Mexico, as well as for the development of new projects. This position is responsible for the operational strategy, goals, and leads the operations to meet the corporate goals. Responsibilities include directing all activities for mining operations including day-to-day safety, mining, plant, warehouse, purchasing, construction, engineering, environmental, financial and administrative functions.
As a member of the executive management team, the incumbent provides expert input and participates in strategic and business decision-making at executive level.
• Manage all site operations to ensure the Company’s short and long-term production targets are met.
• Provide effective management of employees and contractors
• Promote and monitor full compliance with all legislation and regulatory requirements relevant to the different functional areas at each mine operation. Oversee compliance by departmental managers with all company policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to development and enforcement of Safety and Environmental objectives.
• Liaise with mine and plant operations to ensure that the daily activities at each department are consistent with long term Company objectives
• Identify, formulate, and expand the development of effective plans and procedures to ensure maximum operating efficiencies, including cost controls.
• Formulate annual operating and capital budgets and optimize those expenditures.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of direct reports. Support management & supervisor development programs in co-ordination and establish high standards of performance for management.
• Maintain proactive and open communication with all management teams, providing accurate data on the operation, as well as insightful interpretation of that data.
• Keep abreast of state-of-the-art mining methods and equipment and make recommendations for improvements.
• Oversight all aspects of new development projects including regulatory, environment, safety and operational compliance
• 20+ years of experience in underground operations
• Experience on managing cross functional teams, and operating at a senior level
• Experience leading, designing, managing operating underground mines in Mexico or Latinoamerica.
• Experience in Environmental and Safety
• Familiar with Mexico Mining regulations
• Mining Engineer or Geology Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Technical knowledge and deep understanding of mining operations
• Superior management skills to maintain close supervision at all mining operations and works cooperatively with the corporate team
• High level of communication, influencing and co-ordination skills
• Strong and proven leadership skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to establish rapport with people at all levels of an organization.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally
• Experience delivering management and board-level reports
• Fluent in English and Spanish
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for this role, contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org