Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Senior Geologist Modeler for a role that will be based at company mine operations in Central Africa. International travel of up to 10% is expected for this position.
The Senior Geologist Modeler under general supervision supports all facets of resource evaluation, including data management, geological interpretation, 3D modeling and grade estimation and resources validation
• Integrates and interprets all geological and mineralogical data into internally consistent three-dimensional solids, surface, cross sections and level plans.
• Works with a team of geologists in the completion of geological block models that meet corporate modeling standards.
• Performs statistical and geostatistical evaluations of drill-hole data.
• Performs grade interpolation, utilizing various geostatistical techniques.
• Develops coding methodology, including re-logging (if needed), manages the entry of geological (rock type, alteration, structure, ore types), assay and mineralogical data into database.
• Prepares, updates and manages drill hole databases for resource models.
• Routinely validates database for accuracy.
• Works with and provides support to the Resource Audit Team in their audits of resource models.
• Delivers guidance on planning models and reconciliation
• Provides coaching and mentoring of Geologist I and II to develop their skills.
• Performs other duties as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Geology or closely related scientific discipline from an accredited curriculum and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in applicable field of expertise, OR Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or closely related scientific discipline from an accredited curriculum and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in applicable field of expertise.
• Advanced proficiency in using mining software package (MineSight 3D, Datamine, etc), knowledge of implicit modelling software (Geologic, LeapFrog, etc) for interpretation of geological/mineralogical features and grade interpolation for resource block models.
• Sound background, based on experience in the practical application of resource estimation, geology modeling and geostatistics.
• Advance comprehension of principles & methods used in complex geological analyses.
• Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty to draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing to a diversely educated audience.
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety of yourself and others.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Fluency in French.
• Working experience in the African Copperbelt or geological modeling of sediment-hosted or narrow vein-type deposits.
• Experience in ore control and short-term mine planning is a plus.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org