Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Senior Geologist Modeler for a role that will be based in Phoenix, Arizona USA. International travel of up to 10% is expected for this position.
The incumbent selected for this role will support all facets of resource evaluation; to include data management, geological interpretation, modeling and resource estimation
• Integrates and interprets all geological and mineralogical data into internally consistent three-dimensional solids, surface geology maps, cross sections and level plans.
• Works with a team of geologists in the completion of geological block models that meet corporate modeling standards.
• Performs statistical and geostatistical evaluations of drill-hole data. Performs grade interpolation; utilizing various geostatistical techniques.
• Develop coding methodology; including re-logging (if needed), manage the entry of geological (rock type, alteration, structure, ore types), assay and mineralogical data into database.
• Prepare, update and manage drill hole databases for resource models. Routinely validates database accuracy.
• Works with and provides support to the Resource Audit Team in their audits of resource models.
• Deliver guidance on planning models and reconciliation
• Perform other duties as required
Required Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Geology or closely related discipline from an accredited curriculum and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in applicable field of expertise, OR
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or closely related discipline from an accredited curriculum and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in applicable field of expertise.
• Proficiency in using mining software (MineSight 3D, Datamine, etc), knowledge of implicit modelling software (Geologic, LeapFrog, etc) for interpretation of geological/mineralogical features and grade interpolation for resource block models.
• Sound background, based on experience in the practical application of resource estimation, geology modeling and Geostatistics.
• Advance comprehension of principles & methods used in complex geological analyses.
• Must be able to demonstrate our core values of safety, integrity, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, and respect
• Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty to draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to a diversely educated audience.
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety of yourself and others.
• Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Fluency in French, Portuguese, or Mandarin.
• Knowledge and experience in managing computerized databases and Geoscientific Information Management software (acQuire).
• Experience in ore control and short-term mine planning is a plus.
• Experience in geological modeling of sediment-hosted or narrow vein-type deposits is desirable.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com