Our client is developing a project south of Tucson in Santa Cruz County, Arizona. This will be a new underground mine, utilizing modern methods to produce high-grade Lead-Zinc-Silver ore over a long mine life. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant team building a new world class mine in a great environment. If this sounds interesting and like something you would like to be involved in, we are interested in speaking with you!
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Procurement Contracts Manager to join our performance-driven management team to help build our mine and prepare it for production. The Company is dedicated to employee health & safety, environmental stewardship, and support of the local communities
The Project Procurement Contracts Manager manages procurement and contract management activities relevant to company projects, maintaining cost control, supply chain processes, contract negotiations, and vendor performance.
• Manages and coordinates activities of buyers and support staff engaged in purchasing and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
• Establishes purchasing policies and procedures and directs purchasing programs accordingly.
• Manages contract administration operations involving contracts for purchase or sale of equipment, materials, products, or services.
• Maintains competitive pricing with an emphasis on cost reductions, quality, and supplier performance through competitive bid events, price negotiations, cost modeling, or other sourcing techniques.
• Reviews bids and proposals for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
• Receives and reviews requisitions, interviews vendors, and negotiates terms and conditions of contracts.
• Identifies supplier performance issues and works with multiple parties to resolve issues.
• Ensures compliance with environmental and governmental policies and regulations.
• Recommends changes to new or existing corporate policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in negotiating contracts for services in a mining, manufacturing, and/or heavy industrial environment
• Certifications such as Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified in Supply Management (CSM), or other recognized supply chain certifications preferred
• Additional management-level procurement or contract administration may substitute for required education on one-for-one-year basis
• Driving company vehicles is required, you must have a clean driving record and be insurable under our company policy.
• Must be able to pass Background and Drug Screen.
Become part of a supportive, performance-driven team dedicated to excellence and the highest standards of environmental stewardship, community engagement and employee health and safety.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for review, please contact:
Jan de Ville | firstname.lastname@example.org | (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com