Our client is developing a project south of Tucson in Santa Cruz County, Arizona. This will be a new underground mine, utilizing modern methods to produce high-grade Lead-Zinc-Silver ore over a long mine life. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant team building a new world class mine in a great environment. If this sounds interesting and like something you would like to be involved in, we are interested in speaking with you!
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Controls Manager to join a performance-driven management team to help build the mine and prepare it for production.
The Project Controls Manager reviews, monitors, analyzes, and forecasts project progress, coordinating work of units, departments, and functional areas. Develops contingency plans to address project deficiencies, resource or systems issues, and process improvement opportunities. Supervises technical and professional staff.
• Performs accurate project revenue, cost, productivity, resources, and/or system capability analyses, auditing, and forecasting to ensure project milestones and corporate profitability goals are met.
• Coordinates efforts with estimators, vendors, engineers, geologists, and mine leadership to manage resources to meet operational goals and project schedule.
• Monitors and maintains project budget, schedule, quality, and delivery objectives; coordinates team efforts and allocation of resources.
• Oversees systems and software capabilities and optimization.
• Runs, compiles, and analyzes statistical and financial reports, databases, queries, and applications.
• Evaluates project feasibility, timing, deliverables, and deficiencies to address and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Reports project status to senior leadership.
• Complies with, understands, and supports corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• The management of the project cost control team including cost engineers and planners
• Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
• Advise and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
• Support program integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
• Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
• Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programs in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
• Monitor and control program compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, or related field
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in project management, systems analysis, and/or process improvement
• Additional management-level procurement or contract administration experience may substitute for required education on one-for-one-year basis
• Driving company vehicles is required, you must have a clean driving record and be insurable under our company policy.
• Must be able to pass Background and Drug Screen.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Understanding of systems and process analysis, forecasting, and improvement
• Experience negotiating and managing contracts and vendors’ activities
• Experience working with teams and interacting with customers
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel to evaluate bids and generate contracts
• Knowledge of project management, cost modeling, statistical data analysis, and forecasting
• Knowledge of principles of leadership and ability to lead people in challenging projects
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture
• Ability to communicate in English both, verbally and in writing
• Effective communication with other departments and leadership
• Effective public speaking and professional writing skills
Become part of a supportive, performance-driven team dedicated to excellence and the highest standards of environmental stewardship, community engagement and employee health and safety.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for review, please contact:
Jan de Ville | firstname.lastname@example.org | (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com