A key member of the site’s leadership team, the Process Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the sites wet, dry and packaging plants. Preparing plans, budgets & forecasts and then achieving them will be essential for the role’s success. Developing, mentoring and coaching the plants supervisory staff and the sites process engineers – as well as liaising with global SME’s and management will be key skillsets required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
|Specific Role Responsibilities||· Comply with COMPANY’s safety, health and environmental rules plus any other COMPANY issued policies and procedures.
· Ensure all process employees, contractors and visitors comply with COMPANY’s site rules and policies.
· Manage COMPANY’s mineral processing and packaging operations, including quality control.
· Achieve monthly and annual production, quality and cost budgets.
· Carry out production scheduling to ensure that all customer requirements are fulfilled as efficiently as possible.
· Develop and maintain systems for wet and dry plant shift, daily, weekly and monthly timely and accurate reporting.
· Assist with the preparation of end-of-month production and financial year budget reports.
· Identify and implement improvements to safety, quality, production or work conditions—continuous improvement.
· Develop best practice implementation of work area standards (WAS), job safety analysis (JSA), safe operating procedures (SOP) and equipment training documents.
· Develop and maintain process project pipeline and timely project reporting system, with a strong connection to the Global Technical Manager.
· Support in the management of external vendors involved in plant improvement and new plant process initiatives.
· Reports to Vice President COMPANY to assist with medium and long-term mining, production and maintenance planning.
· Present a positive and professional image for COMPANY.
· Active and positive communicator – ensuring consistent understanding of plants priorities and vision.
|Systems and Process||· Comply with all COMPANY’s safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all process plant employees, contractors and visitors comply with COMPANY site rules and policies directly and/or via superintendents, supervisors and leading hands.
|Values and Behaviors||Encompass COMPANY’s core values of Teamwork, Care, Trust and Excellence in everyday work and behaviors:
· Teamwork: Work collaboratively and support one another to achieve great outcomes. Seek what is best for COMPANY, our customers and our colleagues rather than just ourselves.
· Care: Show respect and concern for each other and ourselves. Ensure we do the right thing and we do it well, go the extra mile to ensure we all reach our goals.
· Trust: Be open and honest. Share information openly and proactively follow through on commitments.
· Excellence: Set high standards and hold each other accountable for achieving them. Focus on great results. Make the right choices, even if no one is looking.
|Relevant Qualifications||· Process Engineering, Metallurgy or relevant technical degree.
· 10 years-experience in industry and 5+ years Process Management experience.
· Relevant mineral processing experience; ideally within the mineral sands industry.
· Relevant drivers’ license.
|Essential Skills, Competencies & Experience||· Positive & progressive attitude towards health, safety and environmental management.
· Strong and personable approach to dealing with people with demonstrated leadership capabilities.
· Deliver overall mentoring, professional development and coaching of the companies process engineers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Positive team-oriented attitude.
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Proficient computing and report writing skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com