Our client is an international firm that provides solutions for clients in the mining industry requiring specialized technical consulting. We are seeking a Principal Civil or Geotechnical Engineer for a full-time role based in Reno, NV. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a diversity of projects and join an experienced, dynamic team of expert geologists and engineers in mining.
This position involves consulting on a range of projects both nationally and overseas; international travel may form a significant part of the role. Assignments will include work primarily related to the mining industry, including civil aspects of design, construction, and closure. Expertise may include any/all of geotechnical analyses, dam design (upstream, centerline and downstream), pumping/transport expertise, tailings planning, closure planning, and options/risk evaluations. Responsible for project management, scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments. The position will also include preparing proposals, participating in marketing efforts and business development, preparation of all levels of design studies through to construction.
Required skills and qualifications:
• An undergraduate degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering;
• At least 15 years of engineering experience in field investigation and design and construction of mine water and waste management facilities or similar;
• Experience with tailings characterization and technologies, such as conventional, thickened, paste, and filtered deposits for metal mining;
• Strong interpersonal communication, management and leadership qualities;
• Strong design and writing skills;
• Ability to establish and maintain client relationships;
• Registration as a professional engineer (P.E., P. Eng.); and
• Qualified Person status under the requirements of NI 43-101.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org