Our client is developing a project south of Tucson in Santa Cruz County, Arizona. This will be a new underground mine, utilizing modern methods to produce high-grade Lead-Zinc-Silver ore over a long mine life. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant team building a new world class mine in a great environment. If this sounds interesting and like something you would like to be involved in, we are interested in speaking with you!
We are currently looking for an experienced Operational Readiness Manager to join our performance- driven management team to help build our mine and prepare it for production. The Company is dedicated to employee health & safety, environmental stewardship, and support of the local communities
The Operational Readiness Manager manages and coordinates all operational readiness activities to ensure seamless transition from construction to operation, including planning, scheduling, organizing, and coordinating work of technical, engineering, and contractual staff. Oversees performance, productivity, and integrity of systems, processes, technical functions, and analyses.
• Participates in development and implementation of strategic planning, including integrated Operational Readiness Plan (ORP) through the inclusion of the entire value chain together with supporting functions.
• Ensures alignment of the ORP with the Master Construction Schedule, including preparation for start-up, ramp-up, and full production; ensures appropriate staff, resources, and equipment requirements are met.
• Oversees and coordinates activities of all functional areas pertaining to supply chain, assets, resource allocation, and support functions; ensures all functions meet their operational goals and deliverables.
• Coordinates work of various departments, contractors, and leadership to ensure appropriate collaboration and synergy are achieved.
• Ensures proper development and maintenance of all records, documents, and video materials, including appropriate permanent documentation.
• Provides proper training and evaluation of staff; fosters a positive culture where team members are empowered to continuously improve their performance and work environment.
• Manages continuous improvement through all processes and resources to achieve operating plans, schedules, deadlines, quality, and safety standards.
• Leads the implementation and management of systems, process, and performance indicators, such as Asset Management Framework, Work Management process and system, Reliability Process, Contractor Management System, and Key performance Indicators (KPI); ensures systems and processes are in compliance.
• Leads the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and holds team members and contractors accountable to them.
• Manages contract management and inventory by leading initiatives that continually improve operational costs and adjusts processes, systems, and behaviors where appropriate.
• Works closely with Commissioning and Operations Managers for a seamless transition from construction to ramp-up and full production.
• Ensures all meetings, correspondence, instructions, etc. are properly recorded, distributed and archived as required.
• Manages the completion of all required metrics and reports within established timelines.
• Recommends changes to new or existing corporate policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field, with additional education or MBA preferred
• Minimum of six (6) years’ management experience in asset management and/or operations management in a heavy industrial setting
• Professional Engineer license preferred
• Area-specific licenses and certifications pertaining to asset management, contractor management, or procurement management are highly desirable
• Additional management-level operations readiness experience may substitute for the required education on one-for-one-year basis
• Driving company vehicles is required, you must have a clean driving record and be insurable under our company policy.
• Must be able to pass Background and Drug Screen.
Become part of a supportive, performance-driven team dedicated to excellence and the highest standards of environmental stewardship, community engagement and employee health and safety.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for review, please contact:
Jan de Ville | email@example.com | (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org