Our client in Nevada is seeking a Mine Geologist. The Mine Geologist is responsible for ore control, pit design modifications, field analysis, slope stability and documentation, drill scheduling, sampling, surveying, weekly map production, monthly progress, and miscellaneous drafting and map generation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
• Establish ore control protocols to generate minable layout.
• Establish protocols for logging chip and core.
• Develop preliminary designs and assist with map generation with other departments
• Acquire and compile progress of the leach pad and pits on a weekly basis and monitor potential failure zones.
• Provide necessary geologic interpretation, planning, communication and coordination to meet established goals in a safe and efficient manner.
• Establish blast hole drilling priorities and procedures.
• Ensure sampling methods are systematic & efficient.
• Survey and provide current and accurate maps to mine operations.
• Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
Safety & Environmental:
• Responsible and accountable for the performance, and compliance of mine site safety and environmental policies and procedures for all personnel and vendors
• Participate in Planned General Inspections
• Provide safety and environmental leadership by always setting a good example
• This role requires frequent interaction with department employees, supervision, management and vendors to provide assistance, service, support and for problem resolution as needed
• Ability to build trust and develop positive working relationships with site personnel and regulatory agencies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in open-pit mining
• Bachelors of Science degree in geology or equivalent related field experience
• Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for mining in Nevada is required. •
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrated personal commitment to safe work practices
• Strong computer skills, including thorough understanding of mine planning software, AutoCad and ArcGIS.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org