Our client is seeking a Millwright to assist in repair, maintain, fabricate and install mechanical equipment within the mill. This position is based at a mine site in Eastern Canada and all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
The Millwright responsibilities will include:
• Troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance as well as interpreting blueprints;
• Inspecting mechanical plant equipment for defects;
• Determining best practices for repair of equipment and carrying out repairs accordingly;
• Performing simple pipe fittings, repairing conveyor belts on surface;
• Reporting any incidents or discrepancies to supervisor.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Millwright trade certificate
• 3+ years of previous experience in a heavy industrial maintenance which includes pumps, conveyors, welding, heavy rigging, compressors, crushers and, sag and ball mills.
• Valid Driver’s License
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner;
• Ability to read drawings;
• Pipefitter skills would be an asset;
• Exceptional, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast paced water treatment plant setting;
• Strong time management and prioritization skills;
• Proactive and self-motivated;
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work within a diverse workplace;
• Bilingualism considered an asset.
• Compressors, conveyors, chains, fans, hoists, motors, pumps, valves
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact: