Our client is seeking a Metallurgist to achieve and optimize plant performance, metallurgical accounting, operational support, and managing improvement initiatives. This position is located in Eastern Canada and all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
The Metallurgist is responsible for:
• Working closely with all departments on site to optimize the metallurgical performance and plant uptime;
• Providing support to the operations group in the mill and communicate objectives for the grinding, floatation, dewatering, and water treatment plant processes;
• Initiating and carrying out plant/lab trials to improve circuit performance and /or remove process bottlenecks;
• Complying with all QA/QC protocols and recognizes and resolves discrepancies in the results;
• Complying with safety, attendance, environmental, and human resource policies;
• Demonstrating productive communication, cooperation, productivity, initiative, creativity, and dependability.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Review metallurgical performance from N/S and determine the root cause of any substandard performance;
• Report the previous 24hr metallurgy numbers in the morning meeting to the group along with current initiatives to bring the plant back inline or actions taken to correct issues overnight;
• Monitor process conditions through the day to ensure metallurgical targets are being met consistently;
• Work with operations group to determine improvement initiatives that will increase metallurgical performance/stability, or reduce costs, and carry out these projects;
• Complete the Metallurgical balance and email to distribution list;
• Help support change management with new initiatives for operations;
• Lead/Assist with procedural reviews and creating of new procedures.
• Ensure the OSA is calibrated and delivering accurate readings to the operations group.
• B.Sc. in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering
• Working towards P.Eng. or currently P.Eng.
• Ideally 2-5 years in base metal floatation
• Exceptional, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others;
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast paced office setting;
• Proven ability to deal with process upsets, instability, and changing conditions;
• Knowledge and personal credibility to influence co-workers;
• Strong time management and prioritization skills;
• Proactive and self-motivated;
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work within a diverse workplace;
• Bilingualism considered an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of process control equipment and software like HMI, OSA, etc.
• Familiarity with metallurgical modelling software and outputs
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact: