Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Metallurgical Manager- Hydromet. This is a key role providing specialist advice and evaluating performance of complex and technically challenging Hydromet/Leach areas at multiple operations in metals and minerals processing. The Metallurgical Manager- Hydromet will identify and implement improvement initiatives that support business priorities for continuous improvement and be involved in the design, development, implementation and project execution at the company’s international facilities.
1. Responsible for advising management at company metallurgical processing plants, consisting of SXEW facilities, agitated leaching processes, counter current decantation and a cobalt plant.
2. Work with sites to ensure sound environmental management practices.
3. Contribute to the overall design of process flowsheets, plant layouts, material handling systems, manpower requirements, equipment procurement and material utilization.
4. Advise management about metallurgical operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies.
5. Work with site management to improve plant operating performance; reduce waste and delays; promote cost reductions; and achieve a high level of operating efficiency. Execution of operations improvement programs on a continuous basis with capital expenditure management being a key component of the job.
6. Evaluate current and potential processing methods.
7. Monitor and analyze key metallurgical performance indicators of process operations and recommend corrective actions to the operations team.
8. Develop, mentor and review metallurgical activities working with the operations team and external consultants.
9. Review and advise sites in developing and maintaining Metallurgical Accounting, reconcile procedures and coordinate the shipment of cathode.
10. Active involvement in plant decision making process by way of reviewing and monitoring process parameters on a continuous basis.
11. Planning and managing plant shut downs to maximize time available for plant maintenance and processing jobs whilst ensuring minimal production losses.
12. Providing technical input to all project evaluations e.g. capital expenditure proposals and/or – Provide technical advice and solutions to operations and/or corporate management to address environmental risks and emerging compliance issues.
13. Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure they are kept well informed of site activities and to enable concerns and issues to be addressed quickly.
14. Perform other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in metallurgical or chemical or minerals engineering
• Minimum fifteen years of metallurgical experience; mineral processing, experience with over five years at senior management level essential; strong knowledge of environmental management critical.
• Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in SXEW processes
• Environmental management experience
• Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong team player
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bilingual in English/French is highly preferred
• Professional Engineer Registration is highly preferred
International travel of up to 20% is expected for this position.
For more information or to submit your Resume/CV for consideration, contact:
Jan de Ville