Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Manager, Underground Mine Planning for a role that will be based in Phoenix, Arizona USA. The person in this role will provide professional leadership, talent development, and expert underground mining guidance and support to our client’s global underground mining operations, projects, and M&A target evaluation. Up to 30% international travel is expected for this position, including travel to company mine sites and in particular to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
• Provide mine planning guidance and oversight to underground operations with a long-term view, including evaluation and implementation of improved technologies and innovative solutions to improve the safety and productivity.
• Provide mine engineering support to project studies and M&A target evaluation.
• Act as corporate liaison with engineering firms providing technical review and guidance on major underground mining projects related to capital and cost estimate, mine design, production scheduling, and project optimization.
• Aid in the justification, audit and peer review of capital projects related to major expansion opportunities, additions and upgrades.
• Aid in corporate reserve and resource reporting.
• Mentor, train and develop lower-level engineers and contractors for underground mining project delivery.
• Collaborate with site mine planning teams to ensure the validity of site production targets and assumptions used for planning purposes.
• Communicate and coordinate activities across multiple organizational and departmental levels to address mine plan compliance related issues.
• Continually seek to optimize the operating plans.
• Prepare detailed LOM production schedules and related financial plans.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Mining Engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum, with courses in Underground Mining Engineering, Rock Mechanics, and Ventilation.
• Twelve (12) years of experience in mine engineering, project studies or mine operations in underground mines.
• Knowledge and experience in underground mine planning software tools (Deswik or Vulcan, SOT) and mining strategy optimization methods
• Knowledge and experience of appropriate
• Qualified as “qualified person”/” competent person” by internationally recognized
organization, enabling approval of ore reserve statements on the Hong Kong Exchange
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Preferred Education and Experience
• PhD degree in Mining Engineering
• Fluency in French and/or Mandarin
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org