|The Manager of Internal Audit is responsible and accountable for bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.|
|KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES|
· Reports directly to the Company’s Audit Committee and administratively to the Chief Financial Officer.
· Performs and controls the Company’s annual internal audit cycle including risk assessment, determining audit scope and developing annual audit plans.
· Develops internal control programs to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and other regulatory requirements.
· Develops testing methodologies and evaluates the design and effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls.
· Plans and performs operational and financial audits, as necessary.
· Prepares and presents reports that reflect audit results and recommendations, both to management and the Audit Committee.
· Investigates whistleblower complaints and conducts confidential reviews of sensitive matters. May require travel to site locations in Mexico and Nevada.
· Prepares investigative reports with findings and recommendations.
· Maintains continuous knowledge regarding applicable rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards; and provides updates to management and the Audit Committee as needed.
· Role requires frequent interaction with operations and administrative personnel.
· Ability to build trust and develop positive working relationships with site personnel.
· Work closely with senior management and board members on internal controls, internal investigations and whistleblower matters.
· Work closely with external auditors to coordinate SOX controls testing calendar due dates and sample selections.
|· Ten years of accounting and business experience with a minimum of five years’ experience in an internal control environment, including SOX testing and reporting as well as internal audit and internal investigations.
· Bilingual (fluent) in Spanish and English
· 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Strong computer skills including thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
· Strong, positive and effective written and oral communication skills.
|ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS|
|· CPA preferred or equivalent experience
· Mining experience preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com