Our client is an international diversified mining company is seeking a Manager – Feed and Hot Metals. The Manager – Feed and Hot Metals will provide the direction, leadership and guidance required to consistently and safely meet company goals and objectives while supporting the principles of sustainable development. This role also establishes and maintains leading practices within the feed and hot metals furnace operations and influences support and service providers to achieve excellence within these areas also.
• Engage the feed and hot metals operating employee population to operate the business in such a way that all employees are focused on Zero Harm, continuous improvement, the development of leading practices, and the achievement of the highest quality production, environmental, health and safety standards.
• Act as an influential leader and develop organizational capability and talent. Improve the team’s breadth, provide opportunities to collaborate across the company and the industry and motivate the team to exceed organizational expectations.
• Ensure safe, efficient, and cost-effective utilization of operating areas with a strong focus towards Sustainable Development principles.
• Form a strong partnership with other operational managers and technical and asset management peers to collaborate and support one another in driving the safe and efficient execution of the plan and driving continuous improvements.
• Provide input in developing metals organizational strategies and objectives.
• Passionately and diligently drive the understanding and rigorous application and execution of our Process Safety program.
• Set team performance goals and objectives and then execute to achieve them, ensuring progress is made and corrective measures are taken as necessary.
• Support the execution for the implementation of business improvement initiatives in your areas (including LEAN and productivity).
• Create a positive employee and labor relations environment that engages employees and delivers business results for the hot metals area.
• Strong leadership skills which will motivate and compel action. An agent for change in the organization.
• Provide a clear vision to others of what the organization needs to do to ensure future success.
• BS Degree in, Metallurgical, Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
• Experience in smelting operations within industrial environment required
• Must possess excellent leadership skills and a deep commitment to safety.
• Sound knowledge base and experience in overall risk management processes, especially process safety management complex hazardous environments and managing regulatory relationships.
• Must be able to work effectively with support teams, especially technical and asset management to deliver and optimize the operation
• Must have at least 10 -15 years progressively responsible experience in fixed plant industrial/processing environment, with a minimum of 5 years specifically within a smelting operation
• Minimum of 5 years of senior level position responsible for supervising others.
• Must be a strong passionate safety leader
• Ability to achieve results through the actions of others. Able to understand and integrate multiple needs or conflicting priorities into a cohesive functional plan.
• Possess strong ability to plan, organize and execute.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, self-confidence, assertiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results through teamwork.
For more information or to submit your Resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org