Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Manager of Governance and Internal Controls based in Arizona. As a member of the Business Optimization team, this position will assist the implementation of strong business practices & processes (including the establishment of governance & controls) at the corporate level while also ensuring consistent standards, processes and practices, where relevant across the broader international group. Furthermore, this position will also assist the implementation and oversight of the Internal Controls process which includes managing the Internal Audit Co-Sourcing Partner (i.e. develop and approve the Internal Audit Plan risk assessment and schedule, facilitate the Internal Audits with all stakeholders, communications with operations management, reporting on points of attention and testing results, etc.).
1. Support the development of consistent governance standards, systems, tools and methodologies to be implemented. This includes support in defining and monitoring governance and related thresholds across the global organization.
2. Ensure the establishment of (and ongoing compliance with) strong corporate controls and governance.
3. Maintain the management committee process with the leadership team which includes organize meeting agenda, keep track of action items, ensure proper information storage.
4. Develop relationships with various departments, business units, internal auditors, and highlight best business and control practices.
5. Coordinate internal audit activities with the Internal Audit Co-Sourcing Partner to maximize the efficiency of such audits, including Internal Audit Plan risk assessment and schedule, stakeholder’s agenda, travel requirements, etc).
6. Serve as the primary contact point between the company & the Internal Audit Co-Sourcing Partner.
7. Work with internal audit findings owners to identify risks on their implementation schedule
8. Communicate internal audit findings and action plans and keep track of the implementation schedule of such items.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related area and at least seven (7) years of relevant experience
• Background in Consulting or Auditing space (i.e. PMO, work with different projects, different stakeholders, schedule, deliverables, etc.)
• Experience in internal controls and internal audit (i.e. Internal Audits, Corporate Governance, Sarbanes-Oxley – SOX)
• Excellent analytical, research and presentation skills
• Demonstrates initiative, organizational skills and ability to multi-task effectively and work under pressure to achieve deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Must be able to demonstrate our core values of safety, integrity, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, and respect
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Business – MBA
• Fluency in French or Mandarin
For more information or to submit your Resume/CV for consideration, contact:
Jan de Ville