Our client is an international diversified mining group seeking a Financial Modeling Lead to be based in Phoenix, Arizona. The person in this role will prepare financial and business-related analysis, modeling and research in such areas as Life of Mine modeling, financial and expense performance, working capital, and capital investments. Analyze financial trends and monitor general business conditions.
Life of Mine financial model preparation working closely with operational, technical, mine management and marketing teams to gather updates to mine plans, operating statistics and marketing assumptions and cost inputs – in order to provide financial evaluations to be used for operational value assessment (including for use in impairment analysis) and to support strategic option scenario evaluation.
• Strategic model development for large projects to support management decision making – modelling projects and different scenarios versus the “base case” in order to understand financial implications of different strategy options.
• Assist in ensuring that proper analysis and documentation are prepared for major capital project requests submitted for management approval. Including:
o Financial modelling of the project
o Working with the operational and project teams to assist in putting together the “business case” for internal evaluation, which could include word document submissions or power point presentations
o Participation in review meetings to provide the overview of the financial evaluation and associated sensitivities – and to answer questions thereon
• Aid in compiling life of mine and short-term capital investment requirements for the purposes of submission into strategy, life of mine or budgeting processes, as well as to ultimately support capital approval processes
• Maintain Cost Optimization Plan. Aid management in monitoring and managing the capture of data to demonstrate the delivery of the COP, including coordinating updates with project owners and TFM management (including identification of additional opportunities or risks based on discussions with the various teams), as well as documenting details for use in presentations and project tracking. This would include supporting submissions to Group through population of templates and creating presentation materials.
• Analyze financial and accounting results.
• Participate in the development and evaluation of new or existing business/program opportunities. May require travel to Africa and China.
• Liaise with other finance teams to ensure that financial modelling and evaluation is set up in compliance with Company policies, procedures and instructions.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Bachelor’s in Mine Engineering degree with a Master’s in Business Administration
• Three (3) years of natural resource analysis experience within a global business environment with exposure to operations functions
• Experience in financial evaluation and modelling, including financial model creation
• Strong accounting and analytical skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience in working in or with multi-disciplinary teams
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Must be able to demonstrate our core values of honesty, fairness, respect, trust, and integrity
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
Preferred Education and Experience
• Financial economic evaluation courses
• Bilingual (French and English)
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for review, please contact:
Jan de Ville
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org