Our client is a Gold-Silver producer searching for an Exploration Manager for Mexico. The Exploration Manager will be responsible and accountable for exploration strategy, overall budget, implementation and completion of all programs on time and within budget, utilization of best practices, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with company polices, maintaining company assets, supervision of exploration staff, staff development and retention and reporting of results on a regular basis. The Exploration Manager is also responsible for maintaining a network of industry contacts, good relationships with relevant government agencies and identifying acquisition opportunities in the country and regional area of interest, recommending follow-up action and commercial terms for acquisitions.
• Exploration management including supervision of drilling programs
• Perform geological, geochemical and geophysical interpretation of the data obtained by exploration programs and make appropriate geological recommendations
• Assessment of the mineralization potential of new areas around the mine and/or within the company’s concessions
• Supervision of mineral resources evaluation
• Compliance with safety, occupational health and environmental standards and commitments to communities
• Prepare reports on various activities and follow-up of exploration programs
• Supervision of all personnel in exploration department
• Conduct exploration programs independently only with the supervision of Vice President of Exploration
• 10+ years of of experience in the mining industry (underground & surface) and a demonstrated track record of success in managing exploration programs and working with a team of geoscientists and support staff.
• Working knowledge of QA/QC protocols and resource/reserve estimation.
• Native Spanish speaker preferred, or fully bilingual English-Spanish considered
• A minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
• Experience using ArcGIS software will be considered a plus.
For more information or to submit your CV/Resume contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 717-8468