Our client is starting up a Gold mine in Nevada and is seeking an Electrician/Instrument Person to add to its full-time staff. The Electrician/Instrument Person is responsible for the installation, calibration, and repair of all electrical systems up to and including 24,000 volts. Performs repairs and installations as directed by the Process/Crusher Superintendent.
• Provide accurate and complete records as required for specific tasks.
• Maintain safe and clean work area.
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on all electrical systems.
• Maintain and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives, PLC’s, Motor Control Centers, Radio and video communications, multistage centrifugal pumps, and general station equipment.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical circuits including wires, contactors, breakers, breaker boxes, and motor control components.
• Make necessary electrical installations and/or repairs; services plant MCC’s, control systems, system process equipment components.
• Ensures that all new installations and repairs meet MSHA requirements.
• Performs ground testing on new installations and completes yearly ground testing
• Responsible to provide all hand tools required for the performance of the position.
• Read and understand P&ID drawings, electrical schematics, mechanical schematics and technical operational manuals.
• Follow work procedures safely and as defined for specific tasks.
• Accountable that all work complies with NEC and any state regulations.
• Performs various duties as directed by supervisor.
• 5 years’ experience as a journeyman level electrician in a mining/process plant environment.
• 1-year experience with programmable logic controllers.
• Must work rotating weekend shifts to provide seven-day per week electrical support.
• Ability to operate a variety of light equipment, hand trucks and vehicles
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
For more information or to submit your resume for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
(303) 717-8468 mobile
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com