Our client is seeking an Electrical Apprentice to assist with maintenance, troubleshooting and installing electrical equipment of any voltage at site. This position is based at a mine site in Eastern Canada and all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
Additional Electrical Apprentice duties may include:
• Receiving instructions and direction from their supervisor and the Journeyman Electrician;
• Assisting with troubleshooting and preventative maintenance as well as interpreting blueprints;
• Assisting with inspection of plant equipment for defects;
• Assisting with the determination of best practices for repair of equipment and carrying out repairs accordingly;
• Reporting any incidents or discrepancies to supervisor.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Electrical trade certificate
• Successful completion of a minimum of 2 blocks
• 2-3 years working in an industrial environment preferably a mine site.
• Valid Drivers’ license
• Experience in wilderness settings
• Autocad and Siemens PLC are considered an asset
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Have a clear understanding of regulations and Canadian Electrical Code.
• Communicate with regulators as per regulations.
• Trouble shooting of electrical installation of any voltage at site.
• Will manage and identify material required for specific jobs.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and installation of electrical systems.
• Basis troubleshooting of Programing Logic Controllers and Variable Speed Drive .
• Assist management in managing critical spares and risk assessments.
• Transformer, high voltage line and ground fault testing and trouble shooting.
• Analyze all types of drawings and wiring diagram to locate and install circuits and equipment.
• Determine necessary isolation of circuit to cause a minimum of interference to operation.
• Reassemble, tests, adjusts and operate equipment for safe and proper operation.
• Install conduit, fittings, switches, control and fixtures, and wires and connects type, electrical equipment as required for new installations or replacement of facilities.
• Assist other trades as required.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact: