Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Director, Geotechnical and Water Management based out of Phoenix, Arizona USA. The person in this role will provide professional leadership and expert tailings and site-wide water management guidance and operational support to our global mining operations. Serve as a company resource for tailings and water-related information and analysis. The role exists within the corporate office, providing centralized technical services across our portfolio of businesses.
• Provide guidance and oversight to operating sites for strategic planning of site waste and water management with a long-term view, including evaluation and implementation of improved technologies or innovative solutions.
• Act as corporate liaison with engineering firms (e.g., Engineer of Record for Tailings Storage Facilities [TSFs]) providing technical review and guidance on major projects related to geotechnical, hydrological and hydrogeological data collection, analysis, design, construction, and operational management.
• Develop and implement tools/processes to provide improved management of our TSFs and other site dams (e.g., storm water dams, water supply dams).
• Aid in establishing and guiding corporate contracts related to geotechnical, hydrological and hydrogeological functions.
• Establish corporate third-party audit programs, as necessary, to ensure compliance to corporate standards, including implementation of a tailings stewardship program.
• Mentor, train and develop lower-level engineers and contractors for geotechnical, hydrological and hydrogeological project delivery.
• Proactively seek improvements to the safe and geotechnically-stable construction, operation and closure of TSFs and other site dams
• Communicate accurate, timely and relevant geotechnical, hydrological and hydrogeological information to operational management team and staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Civil-Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, or related engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum, with courses in soil mechanics and foundation engineering
• Fifteen (15) years of experience in applicable field of expertise, OR
• Knowledge in the principles and practices of civil, geologic, geotechnical, and hydrologic engineering or a related field of science or engineering
• Knowledge of appropriate software (MS Office, AutoCAD, SLIDE, SEEP/W, UTEXAS, FSCONSOL, FEFLOW, MIKESHE, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS) and geotechnical, hydrogeological and hydrological data analysis
Preferred Education and Experience
• Professional Engineer Certification
International travel of up to 25% is expected for this position.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org