Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Chief Engineer Mine Planning for an expat role in Central Africa. The Chief Engineer Mine Planning is responsible for developing and maintaining the mine plan by developing the short and long-range plans, developing alternative plans as required, monitoring and directing dump construction, developing short and long-range haul cycles models and haul truck requirements, monitoring truck haulage cycles, and the supervision of miscellaneous mine/dump projects. Initiate and undertake projects to optimize performance within engineering and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards.
– Lead the creation of detailed life of mine plan based on the latest block model from Geology, including mining sequence and scheduling for drilling and blast, backfill, ore and waste development.
– Co-ordinate work between Engineering & Geology departments to prepare geologic and mineable reserve estimates. Design optimum mine phase plans and related schedules, and prepare dumping plans and schedules.
– Use Deswik, Vulcan, Whittle and Xeras mine planning software to conduct long term planning
– Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
– Work with geology to review drilling plans for both exploration and mine geology.
– Review and update engineering/scheduling sections of technical report every year.
– Responsible for carrying out engineering tasks, independently or under limited supervision in one or more of the following areas: mine and tailings planning, reserve calculations, environmental engineering, project engineering, regulatory compliance and/or direction of outside consultants and contractors
– Handle permitting activities including application submittal, monitoring, and reporting, ultimate pit designs, optimum pit phase designs and related schedules, dumping designs and schedules, leach pad designs and loading schedules, and life of mine plans
– Advises on a variety of internal and / or external requests
– Maintains excellent rapport with external stakeholders
– Analyzes information and prepares technical documents to support decision making; presents recommendations and status updates to key stakeholders
– Provides information on operating standards, compliance requirements and policies to key stakeholders; recognized as an internal expert in area of expertise and troubleshoots unusual or complex issues
– Leads project teams and internal task forces
– Sets performance targets and measures, monitors, and manages overall performance of the team and direct reports
– Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering or related Engineering discipline from an accredited curriculum
– 7+ years of related work experience, with basic knowledge of all phases of mining and milling operations
– Ability to present and justify plans and designs using engineering and financial fundamentals
– Advanced to expert user with Vulcan, EPS/Deswik (or similar) mine planning software, and Microsoft Office computer software greatly desired
– Must have knowledge of Minesite, Talpac, and AutoCad.
– Must have excellent computer skills with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
– Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to a diversely educated audience
– Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety of yourself and others
– Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
– Excellent client service and relationship building skills
– Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills
– Strong team player
– Master’s Degree in Mine Engineering or related field
– Fluency in French
For more information or to submit your Resume/CV for consideration, contact:
Jan de Ville