Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a Chief Engineer for an expat role in Central Africa. Under limited supervision, the Chief Engineer will plan, organize, manage and evaluate designated engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
– Supervise, enhance and monitor designated engineering practices for the site.
– Report environmental compliance issues and make recommendations to appropriate site management for correction.
– Supervise or review, investigate and develop appropriate recommendations regarding planned engineering projects. Supervise or may serve as Project Manager or technical expert, on large/complex site construction, expansion or modification engineering projects.
– Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable programs, practices and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations.
– Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
– Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas.
– Represent the site on Company sponsored steering teams.
– Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline and seven (7) years of experience in engineering or related scientific field, including lead or supervisory experience, OR
– Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline and five (5) years of experience in engineering or related scientific field, including lead or supervisory experience
– Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering
– Skilled in managing large/complex engineering projects
– Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
– Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
– Skilled in supervising, evaluating, training and motivating employees
– Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
– Advanced degree and/or Professional Engineering (PE) Certification
– Fluency in French
For more information or to submit your Resume/CV for consideration, contact:
Jan de Ville