Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Process Manager is responsible for the effective and safe operation of the processing plant and associated infrastructure incorporating planning, development, optimization and production of the mineral processing operation for the project in compliance with local government and statutory requirements.
The Process Manager is required to effectively manage the heap leach and metallurgical department while ensuring adherence to company safety, health and environmental standards and procedures.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to working safely and function as a strong advocate and leader in promoting a safe working environment for all employees at the plant.
• Assume leadership role for process, equipment selection, operating strategy, training, commissioning and other activities related to successful completion and world class operation of the heap leach and lab.
• Conduct regular and thorough inspections of all process areas to ensure compliance with legislation, company safety and environment standards.
• Create a high performing culture and the willingness and channel for the processing team to embrace innovation and problem solving.
• Oversee and maintain the development of the processing department budget whilst ensuring the costs of the processing plant are well managed.
• Oversees the onsite laboratory.
• Develop, maintain and improve processing systems to ensure that all production and OHS targets are delivered to budget.
• Directs the process maintenance superintendent and process operations superintendent in coordinating operations and maintenance, including shutdowns for major work, establishing priorities, monitoring, preventative maintenance and assuring that areas are ready for production and maintenance as scheduled.
• Monitor through appropriately developed reporting systems plant performance and recommend, plan and implement future plant and equipment optimization strategies.
• Ensure the mining department is kept aware of processing requirements.
• Provide project management support and services across the surface infrastructure and elsewhere on site.
• Ensure the security of the processing plant including the gold room.
• Assist the General Manager in developing the overall business strategy, particularly in regard to processing technology development and operations and infrastructure provision and maintenance.
• Create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs.
• Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance, in order to identify and remedy substandard performance and behavior.
• Manage succession planning within the team to ensure progressive development of national employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
• To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, continuous improvement ideas and projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelors of Science in Metallurgical or Chemical engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Substantial experience with exposure to processing plants in a senior supervisory position, preferably with heap leach.
• Experience in a senior processing manager role.
• Demonstrated experience with a genuine passion to providing exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring to team.
• Highly developed planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven business improvement experience and achievements with a high level of demonstrated implementation of strategic planning initiatives.
Skills and Abilities
• General knowledge of mining and the integration of the mining, heap leach, and maintenance functions.
• Knowledge and experience developing policies and procedures for the organization.
• Good working knowledge and skills with a P.C. utilizing MS Office.
• Able to work independently, as well be an effective member of the management team.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management is critical and required for the successful candidate.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com