Our client in Nevada is seeking a Mine Surveyor. The Mine Surveyor will assist in an assortment of projects including, but not limited to: ore control layout, blast hole surveying, end-of-month progress, grade control for operations, materials ordering (lath, ribbon, paint, survey equipment, etc.), property surveys, demonstrate proficiency of survey software and hardware, and ability to trouble shoot problems with survey equipment, data collectors, and computer programs related to surveying function.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
• Anticipate potential survey problems and avoiding them or responding in a timely manner with a solution.
• Communicate and correcting deviations from the mine plan (over digging, leaving walls fat, too high benches, etc.).
• Assist with map generation for all departments
• Acquire and compile progress of the leach pad and pits on a weekly basis and monitor potential failure zones.
• Ensure sampling methods are systematic & efficient.
• Survey and provide current and accurate maps to mine operations.
Safety & Environmental:
• Responsible and accountable for the performance, and compliance of mine site safety and environmental policies and procedures for all personnel and vendors
• Participate in Planned General Inspections
• Provide safety and environmental leadership by always setting a good example
• This role requires frequent interaction with department employees, supervision, management and vendors to provide assistance, service, support and for problem resolution as needed
• Ability to build trust and develop positive working relationships with site personnel and regulatory agencies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in open-pit mining
• Related field experience in surveying
• Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for mining in Nevada is required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrated personal commitment to safe work practices
• Strong computer skills, including thorough understanding of mine planning software, AutoCad and ArcGIS.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
+1 (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org