Our client is seeking a Mine Captain to oversee and manage the performance of the underground mining operations at mine site, ensuring compliance with all safety standards and practices. This position is based at a mine site in Eastern Canada and all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
The Mine Captain responsibilities will include:
• Monitor, coordinate and report on all aspects of operations safety within the underground work area and report on specific safety issues.
• Uphold operational standards and identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Management of the weekly and monthly schedule to ensure production targets are achieved or exceeded.
• Management and supervision of personnel performance, training and development.
• Ensure relevant documentation is completed in a timely and efficient manner, to the agreed standard.
• Maintain a close working relationship with all departments within the business.
• Understanding and approving forward planning within the mining area.
• Fulfil the duties of Alternative General Foreman if required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Ideally 2-5 years in previous Underground Supervisor role
• Valid Driver’s License
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Exceptional, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others;
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast paced setting;
• Proven ability to deal with process upsets, instability, and changing conditions;
• Knowledge and personal credibility to influence co-workers;
• Strong time management and prioritization skills;
• Proactive and self-motivated;
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work within a diverse workplace;
• Bilingualism considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact: