Our client is seeking a Mill Maintenance Supervisor to lead and motivate Processing Maintenance personnel to achieve production targets in a safe and cost-effective manner, while ensuring the development of team members. This position is located in Eastern Canada and all candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
The Mill Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for:
• The health and safety of all workers engaged within the Concentrator area;
• Managing Processing Maintenance personnel to safely deliver on efficient, cost-effective production targets;
• All activities and assets within the Concentrator maintenance area, including allocation of labour and resources;
• Managing allocated maintenance projects as directed by Superintendent – Concentrator Maintenance;
• Management of contractors and contracts for services, while ensuring purchasing procedures are followed and audit documentation is readily available;
• Forward planning of operations and development of pre-emptive strategies to ensure minimal downtime, unplanned shutdowns and availability of critical equipment to maximise plant capacity and metal production;
• Management and control of all unscheduled shutdowns, ensuring all related sections are notified, activities are well coordinated to ensure effective use of time, and the down time is minimised;
• Developing a high performance culture within Processing Maintenance;
• Developing Processing Maintenance personnel by way of providing training and coaching on effective behaviours, procedures and operational strategies;
• Developing and providing input into procedures, training packages and standard work instructions to maintain document currency;
• Monitoring and ensuring regulatory compliance of Processing Maintenance, for competencies including health and safety, training and environmental management.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Demonstrate visible leadership and control of Processing Maintenance operations and personnel;
• Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures and statutory regulations within the Mill;
• Proactively participate, analyse and increase workforce effectiveness via productivity improvements and performance management while maintaining a fair and consistent approach without bias (Discipline, Performance reviews, etc);
• Regular monitoring and assessment of the work quality and working environment;
• Mentoring and coaching of Processing Maintenance personnel to ensure currency of competencies and skills within the department.
• Documented Daily Plant inspections
• Manage work orders through the OnKey and Acpac systems
• Complete shift reports and pre shift planning
• Participate in daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and shut down planning
• Manage work assignment and compliance monitoring for Night Shift Maintenance personnel.
• Ordering and procurement of components, tooling, and supplies in preparation of all tasks
• Maintain and manage maintenance stores and workshop areas in line with site policies and standards
• Manage all documentation for the crews including time sheets, HR documents, and inspections
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact: