Our client is starting up a Gold mine in Nevada and is seeking a Metallurgist with strong Assay/Lab experience to add to its full-time staff. The Metallurgist is responsible and accountable for the safe efficient and cost effective operation of the laboratory including sample preparation, metallurgical testing and of the refinery with related retorting, slag processing and precipitate conversion to doré. Insures strict compliance with metal security programs and procedures
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Assay/Metallurgy Lab.
• Maintain comprehensive records as required to support performance history, maintenance history and planning functions. Also maintain records as required to support safety, security and environmental compliance and safety, security and environmental performance programs.
• Develop plans, operating and capital estimates and support documentation as required for annual and life of project budgeting and for special projects as assigned.
• Train and/or provide training of employees under your charge to properly execute their jobs and duties safely and professionally.
• Coordinate and reconcile final refinery assays settlements with our metal refiner and provide formal results to the Process Manager. Monitor results for trends and quality assurance.
• Report to the Operations Manager personally and in writing on a routine and timely basis concerning current and future performance, concerns and related matters.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of ten years experience in metallurgical work including hands on experience with a variety of analytical assay techniques, metallurgical testing processes and procedures, precious metal carbon recovery plants and systems, metal refinery processes and procedures.
• Minimum of five years related management experience with demonstrated success in planning and coordinating, production, maintenance, budgeting, personnel and related management and administrative duties.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• B. S. Degree in metallurgy, chemical engineering or closely related field.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last minute requests with little to no supervision;
• Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills; able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, written and oral.
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for review, please contact:
Jan de Ville | email@example.com | (303) 440-8686
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org