Our client is an international diversified mining company seeking a General Manager – Operations for a FIFO role that will support mine operations in Africa. This position is an international assignment. Must be available for a long term or rotational international assignment. Position may require long work hours and weekend work.
The General Manager – Operations is responsible for directing and leading all departments to ensure safe, efficient and economic operation of day-to-day activities. The General Manager – Operations provides the leadership, knowledge and expertise from an operational perspective to enhance performance across our mining and copper production. The General Manager – Operations will oversee all aspects of the operations including policies, objectives and initiative within all departments (Mine, Mill, Processing, and Community, Supply Chain, Technical Services, Safety, Health and Environmental) and P&L results.
• Ensure that the agreed business strategic objectives are met
• Achieve production, safety and costs within the boundaries of the relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
• Provide overall strategic direction for all disciplines in line with the Company’s values and mission.
• Develop, present and manage the approved business plan for the business.
• Ensure that relevant corporate governance and appropriate management systems are in place and continuously updated.
• Communicate, motivate and build relationships at all levels within the organization and all stakeholders such as the surrounding communities.
• Optimize the business plan to ensure the overall success of the company.
• Ensure optimal utilization of resources
• Identify and manage risks and opportunities for the business.
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives, projects and processes towards ensuring focused business growth and alignment with international standards and practices
• Demonstrate integrity in all interactions with community, indigenous and internal stakeholders
• Other duties as required
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy, Process Engineering, Mine Engineering or a related discipline.
• Seven (7) years directly related experience and background, with at least five (5) years’ experience in open pit mining.
• Demonstrated well developed conceptual and analytical skills including an ability to interpret financial and output/outcome performance data
• Effective communication, relationship and partnership skills including high level negotiation and presentation skills with stakeholders
• Superior organizational skills and proven ability to manage competing demands and priorities
• Ability to effectively lead and manage diverse teams of employees and skills
• Demonstrated ability in optimizing production from complex processing plants
• Medically fit
• Base Metal commodities experience
• Computer literacy
• Valid driver’s license
• Excellent analytical, research and presentation skills
• Demonstrates initiative, organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Must be able to demonstrate our core values of honesty, fairness, respect, trust, and integrity
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
Preferred Education and Experience
• SAP experience
• Experience using business improvement methodologies
• Knowledge of French and/or Swahili
For more information or to submit your resume/CV for review, please contact:
Jan de Ville
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com