Our client is seeking a General Manager for its operating underground mine and mill sites (base metals). This opportunity will appeal to an experienced operational leader who is looking to bring their considerable technical and leadership strengths to bear on a company that is poised for consistent long-term growth. In particular, it will appeal to professionals who will value the opportunity to work closely with a highly experienced senior leadership team in advancing its key operations in a stable and attractive jurisdiction in Canada. All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering is preferred or a degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Geological Science or Civil Engineering, coupled with significant accountability for mine operations.
• An equivalent combination of a college diploma and many years mining operations experience will also qualify potential candidates.
• 10+ years of senior experience, preferably in base metals and has had pervious accountability for managing at least one mine site.
• Ability to manage 100-200 employees.
• Milling experience.
• Must have previous underground experience
• Must be fluent in English; French is an asset
• Must be able to establish that the candidate has successfully worked in partnership with indigenous populations to realize the aspirations of both these stakeholders and company shareholders.
• Needs to be very effective at managing consultants and contractors.
• Base metal experience, but precious metals i.e. gold acceptable.
• Exposures to providing oversight during the construction stage of a new mine and to the revitalization of a former producing operation would be a distinct asset.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact: