Our client is a Mexico based mining company looking for a Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining the Finance function during the construction of the company’s new mine and plant, and for ensuring that the use of capital funds conforms to the standards and procedures prescribed by the company’s policies and the projects budget. The position has a direct responsibility to the CFO and functionally responsible to the Project Manager.
• Management of the site based accounting and financial functions for a mid size mining company
• Provides leadership and work direction, and evaluates the effectiveness of internal control and business process performed by accounting staff as well as in other department/area as required by the CFO or Senior Management. Identify and document the control process, provide recommendation in order to improve the existing control.
• Plans, organizes and directs financial and accounting functions together with other Accounting Managers from different sections in order to meet the requirement and expectation of proper internal control, work quality performance and deadlines including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank and petty cash payment transactions, journal recording, reporting and data gathering for internal and external auditing including government requirements.
• Ensures that department responsibilities are performed and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare the financial statements and other reports in accordance with IFRS accounting principles and local statutory requirement, as well as ensures quality control in completing the accounting financial data in the correct format for local and state governments agencies.
• Ensure quality internal control and review in providing current and historical data and compiling and producing the daily, weekly and monthly financial data and information for internal and external reporting requirements.
• In collaboration with the CFO and the COO, assists in developing, implementing, and assessing short and long-term programs, goals, and objectives together for the Finance & Accounting department
• Ensure that accounting practices, records, controls and decisions are made according with GAAP, company policies and government or local statutory requirements. Involved in the review process of contracts and other legal documents for correct application of accounting treatment.
• Provides advice on estimating, planning, cost control, and risk analysis to the project teams, and other stakeholders.
• CPA designation
• Minimum of 20 years mining related experience in Mexico, South or Central America
• Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish
• Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, business planning, and project cost management
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and ERP systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and deadlines
• Willingness to relocate to Hermosillo, Mexico
For more information or to apply for this role, contact:
Jana Gomez Lijour