Our client is starting up a Gold mine in Nevada and is seeking an Environmental Manager to add to its full-time staff. The Environmental Manager is responsible for continuous improvement in environmental processes of the company. Performance includes developing and facilitating the implementation and administration of best practices in day-to-day activities across the mine site and ensuring compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements. Oversee processes such as permitting, EA and/or EIS preparation and other related activities for all company projects
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Manage the permitting of company projects in accordance with NEPA, BLM, NDOW and other feral, state and local regulatory agencies.
• Manage the collection of environmental baseline data, environmental monitoring programs, and manage environmental consultants, including RFPs, scoping, budgeting, and scheduling.
• Remain current with regulatory requirements and regulations to provide support and guidance to all producing assets and projects.
• Present/disseminate information effectively and persuasively to site, executive management and regulatory audiences.
• Prepare written documents clearly, completely and concisely. Share certain documents in “DRAFT” form to appropriate senior management and staff for review and prior to final distribution.
• Assist Corporate and Site project management teams in addressing regulatory challenges to ensure that the project teams remain compliant with existing permit requirements and regulations.
• Ensure that key issues are effectively communicated up through the organization.
• Responsible for defining departmental goals and budgets, establishing strategies and policies, assigning responsibilities, measuring progress and reporting results.
• Train & direct employees in applicable permits and best management practices, including the environmental components of work place inspections.
• Oversees the field environmental monitoring activities related to air, water, wildlife, soils, vegetation, meteorology, and archaeology.
• Maintain a high degree of safety and health awareness through observation, by performing risk assessments and conducting frequent safety meetings and audits.
• Responsible and accountable for the performance, and compliance of mine site safety and environmental policies and procedures for all personnel and vendors
• Participate in Planned General Inspections
• Provide safety and environmental leadership by always setting a good example
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in the area of environmental permitting and compliance in the metallic minerals industry is required.
• Bachelors of Science degree and 5 years of management experience is required at minimum. Master’s degree in related discipline desirable.
• Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for mining in Nevada is required.
• Position requires knowledge equivalent to an advanced degree in a technical field.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrated personal commitment to safe work practices
• Relevant experience in developing and administering programs to prevent losses involving people, equipment, material, and the environment
• Strong computer skills, including thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to create and manage Access databases is a plus.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Strong, positive and effective written and oral communication skills, in English, using all normal forms of business communication, including group presentation skills
For more information or to submit your resume for consideration, please contact:
Jan de Ville
(303) 717-8468 mobile
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com